Career Perspectives of Biomedical Engineering
The amalgam of principles and evolution of new modeling concepts with medicine and biology with an objective of healthcare has an edge to the era of the inventive and new field of study known as biomedical engineering. The main aim is to improve healthcare and human health in all aspects.
Biomedical Engineering is witnessing rapid growth in recent times. A profession in Biomedical Engineering has ten-year job growth forecast. Graduating with a major in biomedical engineering, opens a door to several ever-flourishing job opportunities.
This area seeks a knowledge and understanding of biochemistry, anatomy and knowledge of cellular and cell structure that are required to tackle diseases and biomedical problems at a microscopic level. Biomedical Engineering has many well-established areas of specialisations and some are stated below.
- Clinical Engineering: It mainly deals with maintenance and development of computer database of medical equipment and instruments recorded in the hospital.
- Systems physiology: It mainly deals with a study of living systems.
- Biomechanics: This field mainly deals with a study of the function of biological systems with the aid of mechanics.
- Navigation Systems: It mainly deals with a special type of equipment and software tools that are used to create a digital picture of the insides of a human patient’s body.
- Tissue Engineering: This field focuses on the development of physicochemical artificial organs that can function as organic body organ.
- Rehabilitation Engineering: It is used to design, adapt, test, distribute technological solutions to problems faced by individuals with various disabilities like vision, hearing and communications.
Advancing our quality of life
Biomedical Engineers are responsible for blood chemistry sensors, artificial intelligence to clinical decision making, cells and tissues regulation, automated patient monitoring, medical imaging systems, modeling of physiological systems, wound healing and application of expert systems.
In simple words, they are responsible for creating next generation of systems and
treatments that will advance the trait of life for patients.
To explore more on Biology related concepts subscribe to our Byju’s YouTube channel